Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 16, 2018
Walmart announces trio of wind PPAs
Walmart has signed three PPAs for a total of 223 megawatts of wind power. These agreements will enable the construction of three new utility-scale wind farms in the states of Illinois and Indiana.
According to a statement, Walmart’s agreements, signed with EDP Rewenables, includes the following:
- 123 MW from the Bright Stalk Wind Farm, a 205 MW project in McLean County, Illinois, with start of operations expected in 2019
- 60 MW from the Headwaters II Wind Farm, a 200 MW project in Randolph County, Indiana, with start of operations expected in 2020
- 50 MW from the Harvest Ridge Wind Farm (formerly Broadlands Wind Farm), a 200 MW project in Douglas County, Illinois, with start of operations expected in 2019.
"The declining cost of renewable power has led to an increase in clean energy procurement from companies like Walmart in recent years," according to the statement. "The continued commitment from corporate entities in procuring renewable energy speaks volumes about the importance and value of securing fixed, competitive pricing over the long-term."
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart