Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - August 2, 2018
Facebook signs wind PPA in Indiana
Facebook has signed a 15-year PPA for 139 MW of power from the Headwaters II Wind Farm in Randolph County, Indiana. The wind farm, operated by EDP Renewables, SA, produces a total of 200 MW and is expected to be operational in 2020.
"Facebook is committed to finding new renewable energy projects on the same power grid for all of our facilities," said Bobby Hollis, director of global energy at Facebook, in a statement from EDP Renwables. "We're excited to partner with EDP Renewables to help us meet our sustainability goals in the region."
"EDP Renewables is pleased to work with Facebook to help in meeting their sustainability goal of procuring renewable energy to support their operations," said Joao Manso Neto, CEO. "Corporate purchasers, like Facebook, who purchase fixed, competitively-priced renewable energy have greatly contributed to the continued growth and success of the wind industry."
EDP Renewables’ Headwaters I Wind Farm, also located in Randolph County, became operational in 2014. The company currently operates 801 MW of wind energy projects in Indiana and will continue to add to its renewable energy portfolio in the state in the coming years with Headwaters II as well as the 200 MW Riverstart Solar Park, also located in Randolph County and expected to be operational in 2022.
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness