GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial - June 12, 2019
Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
The world's biggest companies have valued the climate risk to their businesses at almost $1 trillion - and also reported potential cumulative gains from realizing business opportunities related to climate change at $2.1 trillion.
In this report, "Major Risk or Rosy Opportunity," CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) presents results of a deep-dive analysis of almost 7,000 companies across the globe to uncover financial impacts associated with climate change.
Among the key findings presented in the CDP report:
- Companies are identifying significant risks but need to expand their analysis
- The biggest companies report major financial implications
- The opportunities are bigger than the risks
- The wins far outweigh the costs of management
- Companies and investors need to learn lessons from the power sector
Download the CDP report to explore risks and opportunities that could have a substantive impact on your business.
- Growing trend: Zero-down financing for energy efficiency, climate resiliency upgrades
- GM makes big strides in supply chain GHG reductions
- Almost half of Fortune 500s have clean energy goals
- Science-based climate goals on the rise, report finds
- Power Forward 3.0: How the largest companies are capturing business value & addressing climate change
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report