Commercial, Wind - July 22, 2021
New Indiana Wind Farm Serves Facebook and Walmart
A 198 MW wind farm that will provide power to both Facebook and Walmart is now operational in Indiana.
The Headwaters II project was completed by EDP Renewables and is the second phase of the previously constructed 200 MW Headwaters I Wind Farm.
Facebook will receive 139 MW from the Headwaters II project through a 15-year PPA, supporting its goal of sourcing 100% renewable energy and reaching net-zero emissions. Additionally, Walmart will receive 60 MW from the project through a long-term PPA to advance its own 100% renewable energy goals.
“Supporting our global operations with 100% renewable energy requires working with companies like EDP Renewables North America who share the drive to protect the planet, support communities, and produce renewable energy that keeps our operations running," Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “We appreciate their partnership in helping us bring this new wind energy project to the grid in support of our facilities in the region.”
- Facebook signs wind PPA in Indiana
- Walmart, Salesforce now receiving power from newly operational wind farm
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Walmart announces trio of wind PPAs
- Power Forward 2.0: How American Companies Are Setting Clean Energy Targets and Capturing Greater Business Value