Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - January 3, 2022
Nominations Open for WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
NOMINATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JANUARY 19!
Smart Energy Decisions announces the launch of its inaugural WISE Awards to celebrate Women in Smart Energy. The awards program has been developed to celebrate the significant contribution women are making to the energy transition.
“It’s become clear that women are playing an integral role in energy and sustainability programs at their organizations, even as they are underrepresented and sometimes underrecognized,” said Debra Chanil, Research and Content Director, Smart Energy Decisions. Noting that a recent Smart Energy Decisions event highlighted the need for these awards, she explained, “It was encouraging to see so many skilled and accomplished women at our Renewable Energy Forum in December. We want to recognize women throughout the energy industry as a way to honor their successes and inspire others to join the field.”
For the inaugural WISE Awards, women representing large electric power users (energy customers) may be nominated by their co-workers, peers at other organizations, or supplier partners for their achievements in energy and sustainability; they may also nominate themselves. There is no fee for participation.
Nominations will be accepted by Smart Energy Decisions through January 14, 2022. Winners will be notified by January 31, 2022. Awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit on March 16, 2022, at the Houstonian Hotel, Houston, TX.
Nominations must include at least one of the following criteria:
- Achievements in a specific energy/sustainability initiative for the nominee’s organization
- Extraordinary energy/sustainability achievement helping to drive the energy transition
- Impact or influence in energy/sustainability outside the nominee’s role, either inside her company or in the broader industry.
Click here to submit a nomination or for more information on the WISE Awards
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness