Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - August 11, 2022
CVS Health Adds Renewable Energy
CVS Health announced a 15-year agreement with Constellation to purchase clean, renewable energy equivalent to the energy use of 309 CVS Health locations in Illinois and Ohio.
“Our agreement with Constellation is an important step toward achieving our goal of sourcing 50 percent renewable energy by 2040,” said Sheryl Burke, senior vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, CVS Health in a statement. “Investments in renewable energy enable us to help create a more sustainable world for all of us today and for generations to come.”
Through this agreement, CVS Health will receive renewable energy and renewable energy certificates equal to a 42 MW share of the Mammoth Central solar facility, the third and final phase of Doral Renewables’ Mammoth Solar project located in Indiana.
The agreement will help CVS Health reduce its carbon footprint by more than 38,000 metric tons each year.
CVS Health will use the Constellation Offsite Renewables (CORe) product to facilitate its renewable energy transaction.
- Make risk your advantage, not your obstacle
- Sheetz Enters Renewable Energy Agreement for Pennsylvania Operations
- Southwire Signs Renewable Agreement
- Meet Sustainability Goals with a Customized Network of Integrated Energy Solutions
- PepsiCo, McCormick, Best Buy, ViacomCBS Claim 140 MW from Texas Solar