Distributed Generation, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 24, 2016
Digital Realty signs agreement for Texas wind power
Digital Realty, a global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has signed a long-term power purchase agreement for electricity generated from a Texas wind project.
The company has agreed to purchase 400,000 MWh of the power produced at a 200-MW Colbeck's Corner wind farm under development by a unit of E.ON SE in the Texas Panhandle. Johnson & Johnson previously announced that it inked a 12-year power purchase agreement for 100 MW of the facility's power.
partner, and was recognized by the EPA earlier this year for its commitment to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.; the company is also a U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge
E.ON announced the news about Digital Realty in an Oct. 20 business update; it also said it started construction of its 278-MW Radford's Run Wind Farm in Macon County, Ill. Radford's Run is expected to be the second largest wind farm in Illinois and the third project E.ON is accomplishing in the state.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program