Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - December 19, 2016
Cisco targets 450 energy efficiency, green projects
Technology conglomerate Cisco Systems Inc. continues to ramp up its energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives, recently reporting the implementation of 100 such projects in fiscal 2016.
Those projects fall under a four-year program that began in fiscal 2014 and runs through fiscal 2017 that has thus far resulted in the deployment of more than 450 such projects with a net present value of $69 million over 10 years, according to Cisco's recently released corporate social responsibility report. Once complete, the projects are expected to collectively allow for the avoidance of close to 140 GWh of energy each year.
The company is also piloting an "internet of things factory of the future with a manufacturing
partner, using thousands of sensors to measure the energy consumption of systems and
equipment as part of a range of initiatives to reduce the footprint of our extended operations," Cisco said in its report.
Toward its goal of using electricity generated from renewable sources for at least 25% of its electricity every year through fiscal 2017, Cisco said its just over 77% of the way there. Cisco was recently named a partner of the year by the U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership program.
- Cisco enters into first long-term wind PPA
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Cisco inks 20-year solar PPA for California HQ
- Power Forward 2.0: How American Companies Are Setting Clean Energy Targets and Capturing Greater Business Value
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report