Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Industrial - October 27, 2017
Equinix datacenter features evaporative cooling tech
Global interconnection and data center company Equinix has opened a new, LEED Gold Certified building in Northern Virginia.
A sharp focus on energy efficiency is a key part of the company's long-term goal of using 100% renewable energy to power its platform; Equinix said in an Oct. 27 news release that the design elements for its newest International Business Exchange, or IBX, data center represent the green standard for all future Equinix IBX data center builds.
. It is expected to meet the strict water reduction standards and will feature state-of-the-art indirect evaporative cooling technology, which dramatically reduces water use. Equinix said it continues to make advancements in the way it designs, builds and operates data centers with high energy-efficiency standards.
The $98.5 million facility supports the growing demand for interconnection capacity to enable enterprises and government agencies to address new opportunities in the digital economy, the company said.
As part of its focus on clean energy, Equinix in August announced a power purchase agreement for the deployment of behind the meter fuel cells at 12 of its sites across the U.S. The 15-year PPA with a Southern Co. subsidiary includes the installation of Bloom Energy fuel cells totaling more than 37 MW beginning in late 2017 through 2019, according to a news release.
Bruce Frandsen, Equinix's senior manager, global utilities and sustainability, will keynote at the 2018 Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit. Head to the event page to learn more and register to join us.
- Equinix Targets Climate Neutrality by 2030
- Equinix launches €1.1B green bond for sustainability projects
- Tech giants join to demand increased RE, storage from Dominion
- Equinix plots energy efficiency for new data center
- Equinix signs on for massive fuel cell deployment
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Smart Energy Decisions (SED) Joins Diversified Communications
- Weekend Reads: Unpacking Congress' Historic Climate Bill; How Heatwaves Are Hindering Solar Power
- Weekend Reads: American Support for Climate Change Measures; Tesla Launches Virtual Power Plants in Japan
- Sealed Air Invests in Solar