Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - May 3, 2018
Medline opens second NA solar installation
Medline announced the completion of a new solar installation, a 1.1-megawatt system in Rialto, Calif. The system, Medline’s second in North America and fifth worldwide, is estimated to generate power equivalent to 75% of the facility’s usage, significantly offsetting the company’s dependency on the grid.
"For generations, Medline has worked shoulder to shoulder with healthcare customers to improve patient care. Corporate social responsibility helps us extend that impact even further by connecting the dots across the company and into the communities where we live, work and serve," says Francesca Olivier, corporate social responsibility manager, Medline, in a statement.
EnterSolar worked with Medline to structure the design, engineering, and installation of the system and will oversee its operations and maintenance.
The opening of the Rialto facility system, which features more than 3,152 rooftop solar panels, comes just one year after the completion of the first of two systems being installed at Medline’s Tracy, Calif. distribution center.
- Medline Completes Rooftop Solar
- MedTrans Adds Fully-Electric Semi Truck to Delivery Route
- Case study: Medline's 1st North American solar project
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall