Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - September 14, 2018
Kilroy Realty to be carbon neutral by 2020
Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) announced its commitment to achieving carbon neutral operations by year end 2020. Through programs instituted by the company, KRC will reach Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon neutrality, exceeding its goals previously validated by Science-Based Targets.
“KRC has a longstanding commitment to sustainability because it is the right thing to do. Our sustainability programs have been and will continue to be positive for our bottom line, promoting tenant and employee satisfaction, reducing operating costs, and making our buildings more resilient to whatever may lie ahead,” said Mr. Kilroy in his remarks at the Global Climate Action Summit.
The company detailed three steps taken to achieve their goal. First, KRC will continue to reduce the energy consumption of its properties through maximizing onsite energy reductions. Second, they will continue to take advantage of all onsite solar and battery installation opportunities. Third, KRC will make the remainder of the energy consumption 100% renewably powered by adding capacity to the grid through an offsite energy power purchase agreement.
The company’s statement also said that “KRC is committed to achieving the same objective for its entire development pipeline.” Among other accomplishments noted in the statement, KRC has reduced energy consumption by 15% and installed 5.2 MW of solar.
- Kilroy Realty Earns LEED Platinum for San Diego Office
- Kilroy Realty achieves carbon-neutral operations
- Kilroy Realty to deploy AI-powered storage
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall