Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Finance - January 14, 2020
Truman State Univ. banks $100K incentive for efficiency upgrades
Truman State University will be receiving around $100,00 in cash incentives through a program that included making energy efficiency upgrades to the Kirksville campus, which is expected to save the university more than $49,000 annually in energy costs.
The campus had upgrades done to its HVAC system, water chillers and variable frequency drives, which will help Violette Hall and the Student Union Building reduce its energy consumption. Truman State will be receiving the cash incentives for the project from Ameren Missouri.
“We hope to reduce our carbon footprint by creating an ecologically sound, socially just and economically viable campus community,” Susan Thomas, president at Truman State University, said in a statement. “Working through Ameren Missouri’s energy efficiency incentive program to upgrade our chiller systems helped us meet commitments in our TRUImpact energy conservation action plan, and ultimately operate a more efficient campus. Lowering our operating costs is important.”
This project is just one example of the different ways residential and commercial customers can reduce energy costs and receive cash incentives through Ameren Missouri's BizSavers program, which will be investing $226 million in incentives for upgrades such as LED lighting, high-efficiency HVAC and refrigeration systems, commercial-grade cooking equipment, and motor controls/variable frequency drives.
- Ameren Missouri offers C&I demand response program
- Ameren Missouri approved for largest wind facility in state's history
- Ameren pitches green tariff for C&I customers
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Industry News: SED's Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum goes VIRTUAL July 27-29, 2020
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Amazon announces 300 MW across four new RE projects
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Cargill adds 200 MW Illinois solar project to renewables portfolio
- GM to install 3,500 employee EV charging stations
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World