Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - April 21, 2021
Michelob ULTRA Adds 100% Solar For Organic Lager
Michelob Ultra Pure Gold organic lager is now brewed with 100% renewable electricity from solar power, Anheuser-Busch announced on April 19. This beer will be the first product within the company’s U.S. portfolio to have this designation.
"Michelob Ultra Pure Gold's commitment to sustainability and the announcement that its organic lager is now brewed with 100% solar electricity brings us one step closer to achieving our Anheuser-Busch 2025 U.S. sustainability goals," said Angie Slaughter, Vice President of Sustainability, Anheuser-Busch, in a statement. "At Anheuser-Busch, sustainability is a core focus of our business and we remain committed to achieving a sustainable future so people can enjoy our products for generations to come."
In addition to solar power, the brewer has been investing in other forms of renewable electricity, including wind, and recently announced that $100M of the company's planned $1 billion investment over the next two years will go to sustainability initiatives.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- Projects Advance for Verizon's Wind, Solar REPAs