GHG Emissions, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - May 2, 2022
CyrusOne European Operations Hit Goals Ahead of Schedule
CyrusOne, a global data center developer and operator, fulfilled its goal of using 100% renewable electricity in Europe ahead of its original goal. The company’s European facilities also met their 2030 carbon reduction commitments to the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact eight years early as of June 2021.
CyrusOne also offset the small amount of diesel used for backup generation, according to its 2022 Sustainability Report. The company saw a seven-fold increase in 2021 over 2020 in CyrusOne’s total MWh of renewable electricity purchased, all without the use of national unbundled RECs. The company also signed contracts for future delivery of an additional 107 MWh/year in renewable power.
“In the face of a rapidly changing world, I’m proud of the work our team has done to keep pace with technological innovation, social movements, and sustainability,” said David Ferdman, President and CEO of CyrusOne, in a statement. “The future is coming quickly, and we are doing our best to make it a more just and sustainable one.”
The CyrusOne 2022 Sustainability Report provides disclosure compatible with four third-party standards, adhering to The Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) guidance.
- CyrusOne Expands Data Center Efficiency
- CyrusOne powers Texas data centers with renewables
- CyrusOne shifts focus to design of energy-efficient data centers
- CyrusOne commits to carbon neutral data centers by 2040
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness