Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - September 21, 2023
Columbia Sportswear Expands GHG Inventory
Columbia Sportswear Company, a company manufacturing outdoor, active and lifestyle products including apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment, expanded the boundaries of its GHG inventory to be the most comprehensive so far.
The company also started its Climate Progress Report Tool to enhance data verification and reporting capabilities for the facilities of its manufacturing partners and continued to work with manufacturing partners that score high on social responsibility ratings, with over 84% of partners scoring B or above on its internal ratings system.
Details were released in its 2022 Impact Report.
“In 2022, we maintained our commitment to reducing our impact on the planet and having a positive impact on people by continuing to evolve our use of technologies, practices and policies,” said Tim Boyle, Chairman, President and CEO of Columbia Sportwear Company, in a statement.
The company has also released a Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Index, which discloses the company’s ESG efforts in accordance with SASB industry-specific standards.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- Volvo Seeks to Lower Each Car's Emissions by 75%
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint