Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - April 21, 2021
Michelob ULTRA Adds 100% Solar For Organic Lager
Michelob Ultra Pure Gold organic lager is now brewed with 100% renewable electricity from solar power, Anheuser-Busch announced on April 19. This beer will be the first product within the company’s U.S. portfolio to have this designation.
"Michelob Ultra Pure Gold's commitment to sustainability and the announcement that its organic lager is now brewed with 100% solar electricity brings us one step closer to achieving our Anheuser-Busch 2025 U.S. sustainability goals," said Angie Slaughter, Vice President of Sustainability, Anheuser-Busch, in a statement. "At Anheuser-Busch, sustainability is a core focus of our business and we remain committed to achieving a sustainable future so people can enjoy our products for generations to come."
In addition to solar power, the brewer has been investing in other forms of renewable electricity, including wind, and recently announced that $100M of the company's planned $1 billion investment over the next two years will go to sustainability initiatives.
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas