Commercial, Solar - June 10, 2022
York, NY Adds Community Solar
SolarPark Energy, a New York-based community solar developer, announced the completion of a 7.1 MW community solar project in York, New York.
Standard Solar funded the construction and will own and operate the project long-term. SolarPark Energy developed the project and Catalyst Power Holdings LLC, an integrated provider of cleaner energy solutions for the commercial and industrial sector, is managing subscriber acquisition and customer service for the project.
The single-axis tracker system is projected to produce approximately 10,794,000 kilowatt-hours annually.
“In addition to benefiting hundreds of local businesses and residents, this project brings New York one step closer to meeting the goal of the state’s Climate Act to generate 70% of New York’s electricity from renewable energy by 2030,” said Daryl Pilon, Director of Business Development, Standard Solar, in a statement.
The project is complete and fully subscribed through Catalyst Power. Catalyst Power recruits multiple smaller commercial subscribers. New York’s community solar program provides residents and businesses the opportunity to save up to 10% on their utility bills while supporting local green energy development.
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness