Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - November 18, 2022
Solaris Bus & Coach Adds Hydrogen Fuel Cell Engines
Solaris Bus & Coach sp. z o.o., an European bus manufacturer, purchased 25 hydrogen fuel cell engines from Ballard Power Systems.
The 70kW fuel cells will be installed in Solaris’ Urbino 12 hydrogen buses for deployment to Polish public transport operator MPK Poznań and are expected to be delivered in the second half of 2023.
The buses are to be partially funded by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management’s Green Public Transport program. MPK Poznań requires 30% of its fleet to be zero-emission by 2028. These 25 hydrogen fuel cell buses will increase their zero-emission fleet from 18% to 25%.
“Poznań is investing in clean technologies, in innovation, and in the future. This huge order puts the carrier among the most modern public transport operators in Europe, those that are focused first and foremost on clean air in cities and improving the quality of life for the next generation of their residents. The hydrogen Urbino 12 hydrogen emits only water vapor. Soon, the advantages and comfort of traveling by hydrogen Solaris will be available to Poznan residents,” Javier Calleja said in a statement.
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program