Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - December 21, 2023
Meta Adds Solar in Illinois and Arkansas
Meta procured 330 MW of renewable energy from three solar projects under development in Illinois and Arkansas.
The social media company signed three Environmental Attributes Purchase Agreements (EAPAs) with Adapture Renewables, Inc., a developer, owner, and operator of utility-scale solar and battery energy storage projects.
Meta has committed to net zero emissions across its global operations and value chain, including supporting its operations with 100% renewable energy.
All three projects are situated in federally designated energy communities where a coal facility had been closed, bringing clean energy investments, jobs, and revenue to areas that historically had been dependent on fossil fuels and disproportionately affected by pollution.
"These solar projects represent an important milestone in continuing our commitment to sustainable operations," said Urvi Parekh, head of Renewable Energy at Meta, in a statement. "Our partnership with Adapture Renewables underscores our dedication to utilizing renewable energy to support our facilities and fostering a cleaner, greener future for all."
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program