Webinar: Microgrid-as-a-Service: A New Approach to Solve Resiliency, Efficiency, Sustainability Challenges
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Microgrids, Commercial, Industrial
Date Published: 2/2/2018
Source: Schneider Electric
Primary Topic: Distributed Energy Resources
This webinar, sponsored by Schneider Electric, discusses how large commercial, industrial, campus, municipal, district, and institutional players can benefit from a “Microgrid-as-a-Service” business model approach to stabilize their long-term energy costs and upgrade critical energy infrastructure without up-front capital.
Schneider Electric along with Duke Energy Renewables developed a unique “Microgrid-as-a-Service” approach for Montgomery County, Maryland, to finance multiple Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), build two advanced microgrids, and support critical infrastructure upgrades, with no up-front capital.
Among the issues faced by Montgomery County (and many other large facilities):
- Critical public safety facilities need 24/7 resilient power to ensure operational integrity
- The cost of Infrastructure Modernization is a concern for any organization
- The cost of electrical energy and heat needs to be stable over the long term for fiscal budget
- Some organizations are credit-worthy, but Charter requirements limit the amount of debt
- Non-profit organizations may require third-party ownership to realize Tax Incentives
This industry-leading approach allows the partnership to focus on solving the issues faced by many large facilities: Energy resiliency, infrastructure modernization, long-term stable energy cost, and third-party ownership, operation, maintenance, and financing.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.
- Case Study: Bloomberg—From RECs to RE100!
- RESF Presentation: Fifth Third Bank - 100% Renewable with a Single Solar PPA
- Case Study: Cargill's 20+ Years of Setting & Achieving Energy Savings Goals
- White paper: Reinventing Electrical Resiliency - Power Failure and Your Business
- Infographic: U.S. energy consumption for 2017
- Infographic: Energy efficiency inside Yum! buildings