Webinar: Microgrid-as-a-Service: A New Approach to Solve Resiliency, Efficiency, Sustainability Challenges
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Microgrids, Commercial, Industrial
Date Published: 2/2/2018
Source: Schneider Electric
Primary Topic: Distributed Energy Resources
This webinar, sponsored by Schneider Electric, discusses how large commercial, industrial, campus, municipal, district, and institutional players can benefit from a “Microgrid-as-a-Service” business model approach to stabilize their long-term energy costs and upgrade critical energy infrastructure without up-front capital.
Schneider Electric along with Duke Energy Renewables developed a unique “Microgrid-as-a-Service” approach for Montgomery County, Maryland, to finance multiple Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), build two advanced microgrids, and support critical infrastructure upgrades, with no up-front capital.
Among the issues faced by Montgomery County (and many other large facilities):
- Critical public safety facilities need 24/7 resilient power to ensure operational integrity
- The cost of Infrastructure Modernization is a concern for any organization
- The cost of electrical energy and heat needs to be stable over the long term for fiscal budget
- Some organizations are credit-worthy, but Charter requirements limit the amount of debt
- Non-profit organizations may require third-party ownership to realize Tax Incentives
This industry-leading approach allows the partnership to focus on solving the issues faced by many large facilities: Energy resiliency, infrastructure modernization, long-term stable energy cost, and third-party ownership, operation, maintenance, and financing.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report