Case Study: Clif Bar’s innovative supply chain leadership
Type: Case Study
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 2/16/2018
Author: By EPA Center for Corporate Climate Leadership
Source: Clif Bar & Company, EPA’s Center for Corporate Climate Leadership
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
This case study documents the innovative supply chain engagement approach used by Clif Bar & Company as they worked with independent energy experts to assess how much electricity suppliers use on Clif Bar’s behalf and develop methods for installing on-site renewable energy or purchasing green power to supply this electricity. Clif Bar’s drive to treat energy as an ingredient and to follow the standards they require of suppliers will be instructive to companies looking to new approaches for supply chain engagement.
EPA’s Center for Corporate Climate Leadership has released this case study exploring key lessons learned from long-time Green Power Partner Clif Bar & Company’s 15 years of supply chain engagement. Click here to download the full case study and learn more about how your organization could apply some of Clif Bar’s supply chain engagement techniques.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- Smart Energy Decisions' 2021 Sustainability Report