Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
Type: Case Study
Categories: Energy Storage, Microgrids, Solar
Date Published: 2/18/2019
Source: Enel X
Primary Topic: Microgrids
As part of Costa Rica’s goals of achieving carbon neutrality by 2021, its electric grid has experienced frequent outages as it transitions to renewable generation.
For Establishment Labs, a medical manufacturer with a large facility in the country, combining on-site solar power and energy storage technology could provide fast-acting power for the critical equipment needed to maintain product quality during outages.
Explore this customer spotlight to learn how Establishment Labs integrated a solar-plus-storage system to power critical equipment when the grid goes down, including during a nationwide blackout that affected 1.4 million homes and businesses for several hours in 2017.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- 2019 State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- What is Efficiency-as-a-Service?
- How to Get Utilities and Regulators to Provide Renewable Energy Options that Work for Your Company
- The business case for a price on carbon
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019