Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
Type: Case Study
Categories: Energy Storage, Microgrids, Solar
Date Published: 2/18/2019
Source: Enel X
Primary Topic: Microgrids
As part of Costa Rica’s goals of achieving carbon neutrality by 2021, its electric grid has experienced frequent outages as it transitions to renewable generation.
For Establishment Labs, a medical manufacturer with a large facility in the country, combining on-site solar power and energy storage technology could provide fast-acting power for the critical equipment needed to maintain product quality during outages.
Explore this customer spotlight to learn how Establishment Labs integrated a solar-plus-storage system to power critical equipment when the grid goes down, including during a nationwide blackout that affected 1.4 million homes and businesses for several hours in 2017.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- What to Expect from Energy Markets in 2019
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- Can We Talk? Changing the Sustainability Conversation Between Investors and Companies
- Engaging Franchisees in Energy Management & Benchmarking
- Hershey aims to cut the carbon footprint of its chocolate with new Science-Based Target commitment