Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Finance
Date Published: 10/11/2019
Source: Institute for Market Transformation, Better Buildings Alliance
Primary Topic: Industrial
As building efficiency efforts have progressed to more advanced and holistic approaches to meet ambitious climate and sustainability goals, green leases have evolved as well to enable their achievement. The newest edition of IMT and the DOE’s Better Buildings Alliance’s case study series shines a spotlight on 2019’s Green Lease Leaders implementing effective strategies into their leasing practices and overall building operations in industrial spaces.
Read the report to learn how:
- Rexford Industrial uses green leasing to sharpen its focus on sustainability as a business model for its company while increasing the value of properties and bringing environmental and social benefits to its tenants.
- Sabey Data Centers ensures its multi-tenant customers, no matter their requirements, can save energy while continuously powering servers and cooling airflow for the optimal performance of complex systems and technologies.
- STAG Industrial finances efficiency projects at no up-front cost to its tenants, while using its lease to ensure access to energy performance data so it can track and identify future capital improvement projects across its entire portfolio of buildings.
Download the report to explore strong examples for every real estate or sustainability practitioner to consider when leasing property:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Case Study: Superior Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) System Proven to Reduce Coronavirus
- IBM's DER Project Risk Evaluation Framework
- Net zero is THE new business imperative
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Redefining Corporate Renewables Procurement Strategy: Simplified, Effective and Accessible
- DWS: Site-Level Climate Risk and Resiliency Checklist Pilot