June marks one year since President Trump announced that he would pull the U.S. out of the Paris Agreement. In the hours and days after, Ceres, along with several partner organizations including World Wildlife Fund and Climate Nexus, helped to mobilize hundreds of influential companiesMore
Have you considered whether your captive power generation may be to the power industry what spare bedrooms are to Airbnb and car-sharing is to Lyft? Distributed energy resources—power generated by businesses and homeowners, usually via renewables—may prove highly disruptive to traditional utilities.More
All throughout Earth Month and every day at Target, we’re working toward ambitious goals to help keep the planet healthy.More
Today marks my one-year anniversary of joining EDF Climate Corps, where I’ve spent the last 12 months helping companies think through the strategies for meeting – or setting – their climate goals. What I’ve learned in this short time is that companies are going beyond the “safe bet” to tackling bigger and more impactful projects.More
Energy efficiency is a key part of General Motors’ strategy for a future with zero emissions. Last week, the automaker received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award for the seventh consecutive yearMore
As businesses look at transitioning to more sustainable practices, a top-down, bottom-up approach to going green can prove beneficial. For a true sustainable approach to business, sustainability must be ensconced within the company’s cultureMore
Data centers are a fast-growing source of energy consumption. While today they consume 2% of the electricity in the US, by 2030 that figure is expected to grow to 10%. Switch, a technology infrastructure corporation, wants to ensure this tremendous growth in energy consumption occurs in the most sustainable wayMore
How can companies take advantage of changes in the power market to create opportunities to reduce energy costs and generate revenue? This column, presented by EDF Renewable Energy, explores potential solutions, particularly in onsite, behind-the-meter (BTM) storage and battery programs.More
When President Trump announced his intention to pull the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord, there were concerns that America's utilities would abandon action on climate. Instead, as this column from Sheryl Carter and Elisheva Mittelman at NRDC reports, utilities are standing by--and increasing--their commitments to clean energy.More
This column from Rafael Soltanovich, Vice President, Software Development, discusses Hulu's partnership with Switch to migrate their existing data centers to a new renewable energy facility in Las VegasMore
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- Corporate Clean Energy Buying Surged to New Record in 2018
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward