January 18, 2018 - By Peyton Boswell
With the first major overhaul of the U.S. tax code in over 30 years, changes to tax policy are having a significant impact on the feasibility of companies “going solar” in the U.S. This column from EnterSolar discusses key impacts of the new tax code on corporate solar projects.More
The growth in the renewables industry and the push for corporate sustainability has led to a huge range of PPA options in terms of, amongst other factors, type, structure, pricing and duration. This column from Helen Wallace-Fisher of Accenture outlines a simple matrix that can be used to help corporations design a framework for finding power purchase agreements that best suit its needs.More
As corporations continue to sharpen their focus on carbon reduction, interest in using solar thermal collectors to generate the heat needed for industrial processes and applications has grown. This column from Bill Guiney explains why.More
Responding to a Nov. 10 editorial in The Wall Street Journal on the subject of wind subsidies within the current Congressional tax reform debate, Gregory Wetstone, president and CEO of the American Council on Renewable Energy sent the following letter to the editorial board.More
This column from EDF Climate Corps project manager Daniel Hill explains why more and more companies - from Apple to Walmart - are making public commitments to cut greenhouse gas emissions outside of their own operations, and why avoiding scope 3 emissions can have the greatest impact on a corporate footprint.More
This column, presented by EDF Renewable Energy, explains what's at stake for the U.S. solar industry - and panel costs - if the federal government imposes tariffs on imported modules as suggested in a looming Section 201 trade case petition.More
September 22, 2017 - By David Tuft
With a new mandate to double energy efficiency savings by 2030, California utilities are about to roll out a new $4 million industrial energy efficiency program to incentivize Strategic Energy Management, or SEM, in 2018. This column explains how energy managers can capitalize on the opportunity.More
Aside from the devastating impact of Hurricane Harvey, the storm has also had an impact on the energy market. This column, presented by Constellation, explains why energy buyers should be thoughtful about their strategy and how to best protect their business from weather-related market volatility.More
This column from Jack Griffin of SourceOne outlines the savings and reliability benefits of combined heat and power systems and offers recommendations for overcoming barriers to broader adoption among large energy users.More
Ryan Prestel, CEO and co-founder of JadeTrack, a sustainability management software platform, offers examples of how you can succeed in your energy efficiency and sustainability goals no matter how old your building is.More
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- Corporate Clean Energy Buying Surged to New Record in 2018
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward