This column from Andrew Klein, an energy systems engineer at FirstFuel Software, offers solutions for businesses to optimize their energy consumption and make minor changes to reduce their energy use in office spaces to see big savings during the hottest months of the year.More
This column from John Hoekstra, vice president of sustainability and cleantech services at Schneider Electric, explains how corporations wanting to increase their use of renewable energy can benefit from the lessons of early adopters in evaluating their options.More
Ryan Spies, manager of sustainability and energy for Saint-Gobain in North America, suggests that a sense of competition in the industrial sector can help spur out-of-the-box thinking and improvements needed to drive energy efficiency and meet corporate sustainability targets.More
In this guest column from the Solar Energy Industries Association, President and CEO Abigail Ross Hopper explains how a trade case currently pending at the U.S. International Trade Commission has the potential to devastate the U.S. solar industry and impact commercial and industrial deployment.More
In the 2016 update of the Title 24 energy code, the California Energy Commission, or CEC, has included a new provision that simplifies and reduces the fiscal impact of one of the more expensive requirements for lighting retrofits.More
Companies who have embarked on sustainability journeys have a wide range of options when it comes to procuring renewables, Devraj Banerjee explains in this column presented by EDF Renewable Energy. One size (or more accurately, one renewable energy product) need not fit all.More
There are three possible actions in response to PresidentTrump's decision to withdraw the from the Paris climate agreement: Do nothing; complain; or take action to drive adoption of renewable energy in your organization.More
While achieving energy saving targets can be relative straightforward initially, finding new savings gets increasingly harder. One underutilized approach is to get all of your organization's employees involved in identifying and achieving energy savings opportunities.More
This column, presented by EDF Renewable Energy, details the pros and cons of two emerging renewable energy procurement structures designed specifically to address the needs of commercial and industrial energy users.More
This column, presented by Edison Energy, explores a significant risk that could be hiding in plain sight within corporate energy portfolios.More
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- Corporate Clean Energy Buying Surged to New Record in 2018
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward