Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage - August 30, 2019
NGA to help four states upgrade their electric grid
The National Governors Association (NGA) will provide technical assistance and policy consultations to upgrade the electrical systems in the states of Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Rhode Island. The new partnership will help the states better manage challenges to the electrical grid from renewable energy generation, aging infrastructure, more frequent and intense weather events, and increasing physical and cyber threats.
The NGA will work with governor-designated teams from the four selected states to advance one or more grid modernization objectives proposed by their governors, including integrating clean energy and electric vehicle charging networks, electrifying the heating sector and improving system resilience.
These four states were selected after a competitive application process.
NGA staff will provide policy consultations, in-state retreats and follow-up support to help each state’s team develop and execute a detailed action plan to advance the grid modernization policy objectives they identified in their applications.
The NGA is working with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to develop and deploy effective, resilient grid modernization and planning strategies. The DOE also is providing financial support in addition to technical expertise and assistance.
- Report: Trump targets 70% cut to DOE energy efficiency, renewables office in revised budget
- DOE Better Buildings 2017 progress report: Successful strategies driving innovation and results
- Case study: CKE Restaurants' defrost controller pilot
- Energy efficiency 'expert in a suitcase' cuts bills 10%
- Nashville hotel recognized by DOE for energy efficiency
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business