Energy Storage, Commercial, Solar - July 2, 2020
Cox Communications installs solar + battery system
Cox Communications announced June 29 that they are building an integrated 360 kW solar and 560 kW onsite behind-the-meter battery storage project at their primary corporate office in San Diego.
The project will be designed and built through a partnership with EDF Renewables North America. The carport and rooftop solar installation are expected to offset more than 374 tons of carbon annually.
“Sustainability, and driving positive environmental change, are core to the way Cox does business. We’re excited our largest California facility is spearheading the use of solar power and battery storage to reduce our carbon footprint in the region,” Sam Attisha, Senior Vice President and Region Manager for Cox Communications in California, said in a statement. “This solar project will generate almost 20% of the building energy usage and moves us closer to Cox Enterprise’s goal of sending zero waste to landfills by 2024 and to being carbon and water neutral by 2044.”
The battery storage system will allow the company to lower their utility demand charges by mitigating spikes in usage and shifting the solar generation into the evening on-peak period of expensive power.
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
- Sustainable Energy Solutions for Corporations
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- San Diego Zoo reveals new battery storage project
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers