Energy Efficiency - October 26, 2020
Oregon school district enters into ESPC for efficiency upgrades
Grants Pass School District 7 in Oregon announced Oct. 26 that it has entered into an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) for upgrades at thirteen locations in the district.
The school district entered into the contract with Ameresco, which will be responsible for completing the lighting, HVAC and building envelope upgrades at the various locations.
“We selected Ameresco for their flexibility in choosing the most efficient and best value equipment and solutions for our district,” Sherry Ely, Grants Pass’ Chief Finance & Operations Officer, said in a statement. “The Ameresco team presented options for upgrading interior and exterior lighting at all schools, and HVAC and roofing at selected locations.”
The district settled on pursuing an ESPC for the energy upgrades at its schools after unsuccessful attempts at securing voter-approved bonds. This system will allow Grants Pass School District to complete upgrades and pay for them over time, aided by utility incentives and reimbursement programs, in addition to energy savings.
- RIC enters $5M energy savings performance contract
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Cannon Air Force Base Completes $19M Contract for Energy Upgrades
- New Coalition Advocates for Clean Energy Tax Code Changes
- Northwestern Enters into EaaS Agreement for Energy Improvements