Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - August 10, 2022
Final Net Zero Forum Agenda Set
Smart Energy Decisions announces the final agenda for the Net Zero Forum, SED’s largest event ever, set for September 12-14, 2022 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix. With Pre-conference Workshops, Peer-2-Peer Conversations, General Sessions, and Track sessions focusing on Buildings, Manufacturing, Higher Education, and Cross-Sector Issues, this Forum will deliver more actionable content on the subject of understanding and developing your Net Zero strategies than any other industry event.
“In delivering more sessions than ever before, we are able to approach the pressing issues of meeting Net Zero goals from all angles.” said John Failla, Smart Energy Decisions’ Founder and CEO. “The content is also designed to provide insights for energy customers at all phases of their Net Zero journey, from the very beginning to those who are well along the road to implementing their plans. The content lineup clearly has hit a chord with energy customers as almost 100 energy and sustainability executives have registered, many of who are first time SED event participants."
The event program kicks off with a series of Pre-conference Workshops, open only to Energy Customers:
- Net Zero 101, conducted by George Deljevic, Vice President of Energy Services, AEP Energy
- In Search of Carbon Neutrality: Addressing Scope 3 Indirect Emissions, conducted by Chris Cantone, Senior Director, TotalEnergies
- Modeling Net Zero in Higher Education, conducted by Bridget Flynn, Second Nature
- Sensible Sustainability™. Creating a Process to Manage Cost, Risk and Carbon Across Your Energy Portfolio, conducted by Brad Christensen, Calpine Energy Solutions
A special workshop, conducted by Jeff Omelchuck, Executive Director, Infrastructure Masons, and open to all attendees, will explore Decarbonizing Data Center Power.
Energy Customer-only Peer-2-Peer Conversations will be conducted across three sector tracks: Buildings with Michal Shepard, Harris Teeter; Institutions (higher education and healthcare) with Marianella Franklin, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and Manufacturing with Ryan Spies, Clayco. This will be followed by the Peer-2-Peer Wrap-up: Today’s Net Zero Challenges in Real Time, open to all attendees.
General Sessions will include:
- Opening Keynote: Bank of America’s Approach to Zero with Beth Wytiaz, Bank of America
- Presenting Sponsor Interview: Building the Right RE Strategy for Net Zero with Greg Kandankulam, NRG Energy
- Trends in Zero Emissions Mobility with Meghan Weinman, Edison Energy
- Keynote: Achieving Net Zero Across Cisco’s Value Chain with Andy Smith, Cisco
- What NextEra Energy’s “Real Zero” Goal Means to You with Ittay Arrad, NextEra Energy
- What Do We Do While Waiting for the Grid to Go Green? with Brad Christensen, Calpine Energy Solutions
- Women in Smart Energy (WISE) Panel Discussion with Shonique Banks, Philadelphia Energy Authority and Liz Lucente, Target Corp.
- Working Together in Pursuit of Decarbonization with Troy Doughman, Shell Energy
- What Comes After Energy Optimization? Demystifying the Steps to Achieving Net Zero presented by Atrius
- Closing Keynote: Higher Education as a Catalyst for the Energy Transition with Ellen Stechel, Arizona State University
The Net Zero Forum will also offer our first-ever series of concurrent track sessions to dig deep into sector-specific issues and solutions, as follows:
- Process, Performance, and Profit Improvement of ESG Reporting with Peter Cooke, Ratio Institute and Derrek Reitz, Weis Markets
- Green Leases: A Tool for Social and Climate Action with Lotte Schlegel, IMT
- Strategies for ESG Emissions and Reporting with Jason Shulman, Bloomberg
- Efficiency, Conservation, and Renewable Energy in Public Housing with Charles Marshall, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Higher Education Sector
- Dollar$ and Cent$ of Collaborative Energy with Susan Corry, University of Maryland
- Think Wide Open: Purchase College’s Net Zero Journey with Tom Kelly, Purchase College
- Benchmarking Your Vehicle Fleet Electrification Journey with Danita Park, NRG
- Stanford University’s Road to Net Zero with Lincoln Bleveans, Stanford University
- Evolving Hydrogen Markets: Initial Use Cases and Longer-Term Applications with Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Smart Energy Decisions
- Industrial Decarbonization: Navigating the Rocky Road to Net Zero, Walt Tunnessen, ENERGY STAR
- Success Story: Magna’s Energy Teams with Senka Donches, Magna International
- Collaborating with Utilities to Achieve Sustainability Targets with Bill Carroll, Salt River Project
- Net Zero Building-as-a-Service: JCI's 8-Step Sustainability Journey to Decarbonization with Dan Svejnar, Johnson Controls
- Integrating DEIJ and Climate Goals with Emily Shapira, Philadelphia Energy Authority and Dana Clare Redden, Solar Stewards
Buyer registration for the Net Zero Forum closes Friday, August 12, and is limited; for more information, click here. Suppliers may apply here for one of the few remaining sponsorship opportunities, which also closes Friday, August 12.
- Details Announced for SED's Net Zero Forum
- Ratio Institute Partners with Net Zero Forum
- Let’s Measure Sustainability with an Aim to Improve Operational Performance and Profits
- SED Welcomes ENERGY STAR, iMasons, IMT, Ratio Institute, and Second Nature to the Net Zero Forum
- Net Zero Forum to be SED’s Largest Event Ever
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program