Commercial, Wind - August 29, 2023
Google Signs Wind PPA for North Carolina
Google announced a power purchase agreement for the full 189 MW capacity of Timbermill Wind to be constructed in North Carolina.
The agreement was signed with Apex Clean Energy. Timbermill Wind will support Google’s 2030 commitment to powering its operations with carbon-free energy, and the PPA will contribute to the clean energy needs of the company’s data centers on the PJM grid.
Since 2017, Google matched its annual electricity consumption with 100% renewable energy.
“Within the decade we have an ambitious goal for every Google data center to operate on clean electricity, every hour of every day,” said Donna Calderon, energy senior lead at Google, in a statement. “We're excited to work with Apex for the first time to not only add wind power to one of the most difficult grids to decarbonize, but also bring additional clean energy jobs to North Carolina.”
- AEP Energy inks 240 MW wind deal for Google and other Ohio customers
- Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles adds 6 new participants to growing list of large-scale names
- Facebooks inks deal with Illinois wind farm
- New Coalition Advocates for Clean Energy Tax Code Changes
- Virginia Google Data Centers Will Use 24/7 Carbon-Free Energy