Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - January 5, 2018
Innovation Summit agenda, sponsors announced
Following the announcement of keynote speakers for the 2nd annual Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit, SED on Jan. 5 released the agenda, speakers and confirmed sponsors for the February event.
With 'The Future of Energy Management' as the theme, the second annual Innovation Summit, designed and programmed with input from the Smart Energy Decisions advisory board, will feature forward-looking content focused on strategy in both the supply and demand sides of energy management.
The Summit will kick off with a keynote presentation from Mary Curtiss, global head of energy and sustainability at HP, about the reinventing of the company's energy management strategy amid an era of rapid change and technology advancements. The just-published agenda for the 2018 Innovation Summit also includes four separate panel sessions that will draw on the experience of energy and sustainability managers on the topics of successfully incorporating advanced energy efficiency technologies; the evolution of the customer-utility relationship; navigating the renewable energy matrix; and strategies leveraging data analytics insights. Other topics on deck include the impact of blockchain on energy and sustainability management and strategies for navigating policy and market uncertainties.
"We're humbled by the industry support in developing our program focused on the future of energy management," Smart Energy Decisions founder and editorial director John Failla said. "The advisory board challenged us to develop content they can't get anywhere else and we're thrilled with the results."
Additional keynote speakers include:
- JT Hufnagel, global energy operations manager for Corning Inc.
- Bruce Fransden, senior manager, global utilities and sustainability for Equinix Inc.
- Brent Trenga, North American building technology director for Kingspan
- Cindy Quan, vice president, environment, social and governance for Goldman Sachs Group
- Robin Haugen, general manager, plant & environmental engineering, Toyota Motor North America
- Mike Storch, President and CEO, EnerNOC, an Enel Group Company
Initial sponsors of the 2018 Innovation Summit comprise Enel Group as the presenting sponsor; Constellation, NextEra Energy Resources and Calpine Energy Solutions as platinum sponsors; ENGIE Resources, EDF Renewable Energy, LevelTen, Duke Energy One, Point380 and Enchanted Rock as gold sponsors. CPower, Phoenix Energy Technologies, Energy Management Collaborative, EcoEnergy, 3Degrees, REC Solar and Encycle Corp. are silver sponsors.
The invitation-only event will run Feb. 25, 2018, through Feb. 27, 2018, at the Barton Creek Resort in Austin, Texas. The objective of the Innovation Summit is to help attendees learn from best practices, make new connections and discover solutions that will help improve their company's results and reduce carbon emissions.
Through a blend of keynote speeches, energy executive-only sessions, panel discussions, private boardroom briefings and one-on-one meetings with suppliers, topics on deck at the 2018 Innovation Summit include energy procurement strategy; energy efficiency, sourcing renewables; energy information management; energy storage; and emerging technologies. The event concludes Feb. 27 with a dinner where the inaugural Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Awards will be presented.
"A perfect way to cap off the Innovation Summit is with a celebration honoring the inaugural Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Award winners," Failla said.
Attendance at the 2018 Innovation Summit is limited to qualified energy management executives and supplier sponsors. To learn more and request an invitation, visit the Summit website.
Read These Related Articles:
- Innovation Summit To Address Challenges in Achieving Emission Reduction Targets
- Insights from the 2021 Virtual Innovation Summit
- 2021 Virtual Innovation Summit Wrap-Up
- Innovation Summit adds speakers, announces sponsors
- Customer panels & study tours added to Innovation Summit
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs