GHG Emissions, Finance, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - July 27, 2020
Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum kicks off
Smart Energy Decisions’ Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum (VRSEF) launched on Monday, July 27 with a welcome from John Failla, Founder and Editorial Director, and a session with Cindy Quan, Global Chief of Staff and Head of ESG, Corporate and Workplace Solutions at Goldman Sachs.
The VRESF is Smart Energy Decisions’ first virtual event, planned in response to the COVID pandemic with the guidance of the Virtual Event Taskforce in order to provide all content and networking connections associated with SED in-person events.
The opening day program continued with two panels. “The Growing Role of Municipal Utilities” featured representatives from Austin Energy and Energy New England. “Innovative Approaches to Achieving Renewable Energy and Climate Goals” presented speakers from Bank of America and Comcast NBCUniversal in conversation with 3Degrees.
Peer 2 Peer sessions, which allowed buyers the opportunity to discuss industry challenges and solutions amongst themselves included “Innovative Models in On-site RE Sourcing,” moderator by Dr. Wolfgang Bauer, University Distinguished Professor & Associate Vice President for Administration, Michigan State University; “PPAs in the age of COVID,” moderated by Eric Hoegger, Director, Global Renewable Energy, Cargil; “The Quest for Carbon Negative,” moderated by Michael Barry, Head of Sustainable Business Operations, Bloomberg LP; and “Solar Plus Storage,” moderated by Bruce Frandsen, Director, Global Renewable Energy and Cleantech, Equinix, Inc.
A highlight of the event will occur on Wednesday, as the day’s sessions open with “Inspiring Diversity in Energy,” featuring Rose McKinney James of McKinney James & Associates in a candid conversation with John Failla on her career in the energy industry as a woman of color. This session continues Smart Energy Decisions’ “Inspiring Diversity” series that began with December 2019’s Accelerate Philly event.
The Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum Agenda also features:
- “Opportunities and Risks in Long-term PPA's” with Portland General Electric and Enel X
- “Multiple Approaches to Address the Climate Challenge” with Novartis Business Services
- “When it Comes to Renewables, There are Few City Limits in Austin” with Austin Energy and Duke Energy Renewables
- “Integrating an Offsite Renewables Purchase into Your Energy Risk Strategy” with Constellation
- “Greening Cites: Phoenix Leads the Way”
- “10 Questions with GM’s Rob Threlkeld”
- Exclusive Boardroom sessions for buyer attendees
- One-to-One meetings
The following Boardroom Case Studies will be presented to buyer attendees: “The Pathways to Net Zero” by 3Degrees; “Renewable Energy Purchasing Challenges in 2020 “ by Constellation; “The Evolution of Renewable Energy Contracting” by Enel X; and “Simplifying Renewables & Monetizing Flexible Load” by NRG.
Finally, buyers and suppliers will participate in exclusive one-to-one meetings during each day of the event.
For more information on Smart Energy Decisions events, click here.
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report