Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - December 21, 2021
Amazon Web Services Signs PPA in Spain
Amazon Web Services (AWS) signed a PPA for renewable energy generated from 234 MW of solar and wind installed capacity in Spain.
The PPA was signed with Repsol, a Spanish energy and petrochemical company, and separately, AWS will provide Repsol with new cloud services to further boost its digital transformation.
“This collaboration will help us meet our Climate Pledge commitment to reach net-zero carbon by 2040 and power our operations with 100% renewable energy by 2030, a target we are on a path to meet five years early by 2025,” said Howard Gefen, AWS General Manager of Energy, said in a statement. “We are excited to work with Repsol to develop new innovative cloud solutions to help them achieve their sustainability goals and accelerate their digital transformation."
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness