GHG Emissions - April 1, 2021
DHL Adds Nearly 100 Electric Express Vans to Growing U.S. Fleet
Delivery giant DHL further expands its electric delivery van service in the U.S.with 89 electric delivery vehicles this year in New York and California, following an initial pilot program using nine Lightning Electric Ford Transit 350HD electric vans late last year.
"We're aiming to improve the lives of people where they live and work, using clean pickup and delivery solutions – such as electric vehicles and cargo cycles – for our first- and last-mile services," said Greg Hewitt, CEO, DHL Express U.S. in a statement. "With the successful deployment of the first nine pilot vehicles, we are excited to expand our electric delivery van footprint and continue to drive forward our corporate roadmap to decarbonization."
The electrification boosts are investments to meet DHL’s ambitious goals for emissions reduction and climate protection. The new vans enhance an already robust alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) fleet for DHL Express in the U.S., which includes fully electric, hybrid-electric and clean diesel varieties – in addition to low-power electric-assist e-Cargo Cycles. DHL also began piloting four electric tractor-trailer vehicles in the Los Angeles market, to haul goods to and from the DHL LAX Gateway and local service centers.
On March 22, Deutsche Post DHL Group announced an accelerated roadmap to decarbonization, which includes investing a total of 7 billion euros (Opex and Capex) over the next ten years in measures to reduce its CO2 emissions.
- Amazon, AT&T, IKEA, others join electric vehicle alliance
- DHL rolls out fleet of new electric delivery vans in U.S.
- DHL expands green fleet with e-vans
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Keynotes from General Mills, Port of Seattle, Stanford University to Lead the DE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Weekend Reads: Biden's Plan for the EV Transition; What the IPCC Report Means for Businesses