Industrial, Solar - November 12, 2019
Shell finalizes 200 MW solar PPA
Shell Energy North America has finalized a 15-year PPA with EDP Renewables for the 200 MW Sandrini solar project in Kern County, Calif.
The $200 million project will be located near Bakersfield and is expected to be operational in 2022.
“We are proud to enable the development of the Sandrini Solar Park,” Glenn Wright, President of Shell Energy North America, said in a statement. “This opportunity will increase the supply of renewable power in California while simultaneously reducing Shell’s carbon footprint. We recognize that customers and communities are demanding a shift in the way power is generated and we are adapting to the demand for more clean energy solutions.”
Shell Energy will be the sole energy off-taker through the long-term PPA and will also purchase 100% of the renewable energy credits and capacity.
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey