Commercial, Solar - September 9, 2020
Facebook inks PPA with Utah solar
Facebook completed Sept. 9 a PPA for two Utah solar projects totaling 155 MW that will support the company’s Eagle Mountain Data Center.
The social media company signed the agreement with D.E. Shaw Renewables, who own and develop both projects, and Rocky Mountain Power, a division of PacifiCorp. The first project, Rocket Solar, has a capacity of 80 MW and the second, Horseshoe Solar, has a capacity of 75 MW.
Both projects are expected to begin providing renewable energy to Facebook in 2022.
"We're very proud to partner with DESRI to help meet the renewable energy needs of Facebook," Ryan McGraw, Vice President of Project Development at PacifiCorp., said in a statement. "These projects represent important economic investments in rural Utah which will significantly increase the amount of solar energy produced by the state."
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities