Solar - October 25, 2021
Facebook Inks Deal with 160 MW Virginia Solar Project
Facebook recently completed a new PPA for a solar project that will support its data centers in Virginia.
The social media company signed an agreement with D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments (DESRI) for the 160 MW Chester Solar project in Chesterfield County, Va., to provide power to its data centers in Eastern Henrico County. The solar project is being developed by DESRI and Torch Clean Energy.
With the addition of the Chester Solar project, Facebook has contracted 650 MW of clean energy from DESRI.
“We are excited to partner with DESRI once again to bring new solar energy to the grid,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “This project will help us continue to support our global operations with 100% renewable energy and bring new investment and jobs to the state of Virginia.”
- 2022 State of Decarbonization Report
- White Paper: Drive Resiliency through your Energy Infrastructure
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry
- The Social Impact of Renewable Energy Projects: Classrooms to Careers
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting