Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial, Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables - February 9, 2022
Innovation Summit To Address Challenges in Achieving Emission Reduction Targets
As emission reduction targets and other sustainability goals become crucial for organizations of all types, getting projects initiated and completed has become more challenging. The Innovation Summit, March 14-16 at The Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa, Houston, TX, an intimate invitation-only event is designed to bring together sustainability and energy management executives with leading suppliers to discuss cutting-edge solutions and best practices in strategies for emissions reduction, energy efficiency, and renewable energy sourcing.
Three-quarters of buyers currently registered for the event report their timeframe for purchasing at 6-12 months. “This is one of the highest percentage of buyers looking at near-term deals we’ve ever seen for any SED event,” said John Failla, Founder and Editorial Director. “It is clear that meeting emission reduction targets has become mission-critical for large power users, motivating energy executives to seek out opportunities to both reduce their energy use and green their energy supply in the most effective and efficient way possible.”
The Innovation Summit will present a mix of educational general sessions, boardroom case study presentations, and one-to-one meetings between buyers and suppliers. A closing dinner will celebrate the winners of SED’s first WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards. United under the theme, “Energy Management Strategies to Hit Emission Reduction Targets,” sessions will include:
- Preconference workshop: “Developing your Vehicle Fleet Electrification Strategy,” presented by Edison Energy (buyers only)
- Opening Keynote: “Cost-Effective Industrial Decarbonization Strategies,” Scott Bargerstock, Mohawk Industries
- Supplier Keynote: “The State of Decarbonization,” presented by NRG Energy
- Keynote: "Driving Energy Innovation with Data Analytics" with Snowil Lopes and Tim Howard, Clemson University
- Keynote: “Best Practices in Vehicle Fleet Electrification” with Gary Glasscock, City of Houston and Ryan Martin, EVolve Houston
- Panel Discussion: “Decarbonizing Industrial Heat: The Next Frontier,” with the Renewable Thermal Collaborative (RTC)
- Keynote: "Merck's Innovative Low Carbon Playbook" with Nathan Taylor, Christopher Broome, Michael Waslin, and Douglas Yunaska, Merck
- Deciphering the Promise of Hydrogen: What’s Hope, What’s Hype, and What Do I Need to Know? With Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Smart Energy Decisions
- Panel Discussion: Women in Smart Energy, featuring winners of SED’s inaugural WISE Award
Buyers representing the following companies are already confirmed to attend: 2Life Communities, Albertson's, Amcor Rigid Packaging, Amy's Kitchen, Arizona State University, Brinker International, Bucknell University, Caesars Entertainment, Cameron Management, Celanese, Charter Communications (Spectrum), Clemson University, Costco Wholesale, Dollar Tree/Family Dollar, ECOS, Equity Lifestyle Properties, Equinix, Estee Lauder, General Motors, Halliburton, Huntington National Bank, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, McDonald’s, Medxcel, Merck, Metro Nashville Government, Microsoft, MilliporeSigma, Mohawk Industries, Newmark Group, Parker Hannifin, Rhode Island College Stony Brook University, Switch, Sysco, T-Mobile, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, University of Maryland, Valley Health System, The Wine Group, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, and WinnCompanies.
NRG Energy is the presenting sponsor of the Innovation Summit. Gold sponsors include Calpine Energy Solutions, Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions, Green Struxure NA, NextEra Energy Resources, and Shell Energy. Silver sponsors are Alturus, Ameresco, Edison Energy, EMC, Enel X, ENGIE Resources, Enchanted Rock Solutions, GridPoint, and Metrus Energy.
The deadline for qualified industry executives to apply to participate in person at the Innovation Summit is February 18. Buyer registration is limited; for more information, click here. Suppliers may apply for one of the few remaining sponsorship opportunities here.