Commercial, Solar - November 25, 2019
Facebook inks deal with Va. solar farm
Facebook will begin to support its operations in Virginia with solar power through a 61.6 MW PPA signed Nov. 21 with a project in Campbell County, Va.
The 80 MW Altavista Solar project is expected to come online in 2020. Once operational, it will contribute to Facebook’s target of reducing emissions by 75% and supporting 100% of its operations with renewable energy in 2020.
The solar farm is owned and operated by Apex Clean Energy. Earlier this year, Facebook signed a 200 MW PPA with Apex’s Aviator Wind East in Coke County, Texas.
“We are happy to be partnering with Apex once again to add new renewable energy to the grid and bring additional investment to the state of Virginia,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “Facebook has set an ambitious goal of supporting its global operations with 100% renewable energy in 2020, and we appreciate Apex’s partnership as we work to reach that goal.”
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey